He wasn't well off. His father had a stroke and for a while his mother had to stay at home to look after him. His relatives helped out financially. Despite his family circumstances, or perhaps because of them, he was determined to start a Leo Club in the school. Together with the other Leo club members he organised small projects for charity. He also helped in a community agency. He did these without fanfare. He also had to help care for his father in the evenings. He displayed care and concern.
In his dealings with his peers and his teachers he was courteous. He respected their opinions. He did not throw his weight around. He displayed respect for each individual.
He did his studying while travelling between school and home. He used his time well. He was self-disciplined.
When he was in Sec 4 he was one of 5 youths in the whole nation nominated for a community service award. He achieved excellence in service. We were very pleased for him.
If he had a personal creed, it must have been this:
- I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
Jingfa, good luck in all your endeavours!
No comments:
Post a Comment